Case Management Materials
Case management tools can vary greatly from one law firm to another. These are the simple tools that we’ve found helpful in our practices, and which we notice a lot of other lawyers making use of as well.
- Casemap – Case organizing software from Lexis/Nexis that allows comprehensive sorting, filtering and tagging of case facts, issues and documents.
- TextMap – Deposition management software from Lexis/Nexis that allows easy organization of depositions, and ability to quickly send sourced testimony to Casemap.
- Timemap – Timeline creation software from Lexis/Nexis that allows quick output from Casemap to create visual timelines.
- BeeDocs Timeline 3D – Mac based software for creating stunning 3D timelines
- MindManager – mindmapping software from Mindjet. The software is pricey, but it’s powerful and once you start using it you’ll appreciate having that power.
- The Mind Map Book: How to Use Radiant Thinking to Maximize Your Brain’s Untapped Potential, Tony Buzan
- Why you should MindMap – North Carolina attorney Lee Rosen explains how he uses MindMaps in his law practice.
- The Lawyer’s Guide to Adobe Acrobat – David Master’s classic book (published by the ABA) has been updated several times. The third edition covers Acrobat 8.0. The book will be updated by Ernie Svenson, who has agreed to write the new edition that covers Acrobat XI.
- Dane Ciolino’s Electronic Document Management Protocol – Dane’s instructions to clients on how to transmit electronic documents. Great model for the optimal way of processing digital documents.
Video tutorials: Casemap, MindManager & Acrobat/PDF
- Processing Documents in Casemap (0:10 mins) – Ernie Svenson – How to process documents by importing them into Casemap, and bates-numbering them.
- Parker Litigation Services – Julie Parker is a former employee of the company that invented Casemap, Textmap, and Timemap. She now does training of those tools through her own company. And she can be retained for special projects involving litigation support that involves Casemap etc. Julie is an amazing trainer, and knows Casemap better than almost anyone.
- Watch this Video of lawyer using mindmap app (iThoughtsHD) on iPad Mini to do presentation to New Orleans City Council.
If you appreciate having this kind of information (which is frequently updated) then consider signing up for our monthly email newsletter: it’s free, and delivered automatically.